We're looking to appoint a QA Tester to support the growth of our HQ in Derry~Londonderry, Northern Ireland. This new office will work alongside the main Hypixel Studios development team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building player-focused, community-powered games.
The key qualities we look for in applicants are that they are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a new QA Tester you will be responsible for the execution of all test cases across multiple projects and teams. You will also help in the development, delivery and maintenance of test cases. You will work with multiple teams on the capture and documentation of issues and bugs found within multiple projects. We fully expect applicants for this role to have keen problem solving skills and a laser focused attention to detail, leaving no stone unturned in the pursuit of capturing and eliminating issues and bugs.
- Develop a clear understanding of the expected behaviours of the core product and other sub-projects with a view to reporting issues and bugs.
- Use the structures and processes set up by the QA lead in order to effectively bring to light issues and bugs.
- Help with providing metrics and data to developers and production leads in order to help identify and replicate issues as well as highlighting areas that need improvement.
- Reporting to your QA lead on all test cases and documentation you create within the purview of your work.
While these qualities outline the kind of applicant we're looking for, they aren't strict requirements.
- Ability to closely follow both verbal and written instructions as well as strict adherence to written test cases.
- Previous experience executing test plans, with hands on experience testing games.
- Manual testing.
- Automation testing (a distinct advantage.)
- An understanding of the importance and the maintenance of all forms of testing within the development cycle of games.
- Creating and maintaining manual test cases and plans.
- A sharp focus for problem solving and attention to detail.
- Versatile and can adapt easily to new challenges and changing timelines.
- A strong attachment to games,internet and fandom culture. This is central to who we are.
- High level of self-motivation and ability to work with remote users.
- Solid understanding of bug tracking and production management tools.
- Experience with the following but not limited to:
- GSuite tools (EG, Google Docs / Calendar etc.)
Please note that due to circumstances interviews will be conducted over the phone or via online conferencing services.