Software Architect- Engine
We're looking to expand our client team within the Hypixel Studios development team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
The key qualities we are looking for in applicants are that they are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a Client Architect in our development team you will help shape the client code and be responsible for the design, implementation and support of client-side systems and features. You will be continuously communicating with game developers and security engineers to ensure our players are having the best experience while enjoying our games.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with C# software development, including the ability to understand and analyse scalability, memory and performance requirements.
- Firm understanding of all aspects of game development
- Able to get to grips with new toolsets quickly and effectively.
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical developers.
- Strong engineering skills and a demonstrated ability to build a system from the beginning all the way to production.
- An understanding of software security and how to minimize vulnerabilities in code and through system design.
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization using profilers like dotTrace, dotMemory, and YourKit.
- Experience with entity component systems and data driven systems.
- Self-motivated and able to break down complex tasks.
- Passionate about games and gaming culture.
- Experience with Java
- Project management experience (Agile and Scrum preferred)
- Interpersonal skills that combine leadership and approachability
- Experience with application and network protocols as well as relevant libraries such as Netty.
We can offer
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely.