Chief Technical Officer (CTO)
We're looking to expand our client team within the Hypixel Studios development team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
The key qualities we are looking for in applicants are that they are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As Chief Technical Officer you will help mentor and lead our technical strategy, acting as an advisor with a wide understanding of technologies used in game development. As such you should have a background in video game architecture. Offering production support and business development you will be a strong communicator of our technology strategy. Previous experience in a similar role is highly desirable.
At least 5 years experience in the below:
- Leading design projects and teams
- Maintaining a strategy for how the technology is used within the company, with a strong focus on game architecture and distributing content to end users.
- Making executive decisions on behalf of the studio's technological needs in respect to our existing technology stack.
- Mentoring team members with a view to the development, release and subsequent support of a live product
- Oversee the technical aspects of game production across many of the production teams.
- Work together with game producers on processes and development.
- Advise on the most optimal usage of User Generated Content
- Take part in engineering business discussions and represent the company in front of external partners and stakeholders.
- Ensure that all technology solutions adhere to regulatory standards across multiple regions.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Flexibility with working with multiple time zones
- Mentoring and feeding back to Individuals on a remote basis
- Detail focused with excellent communication
We can offer
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely.