Anti-Cheat Developer (Client and Server)
We're looking to expand our anti-cheat team within the Hypixel Studios development team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
The key qualities we are looking for in applicants are that they are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a new member of our anti-cheat development team you will be responsible for the design, implementation and support of server and client side systems and features. You will be continuously communicating with game developers and security engineers to ensure our players are having the best experience while enjoying our games.
- Minimum two years experience with developing, maintaining and shipping C/C++ applications
- Experience with C/C++ toolchains, such as CMake and clang
- Experience developing, or maintaining, Java and C# applications
- Strong analysis, debugging and reverse engineering skills
- Technical understanding of the structure and flow of networking stacks in multiplayer games
- Deep knowledge of Windows process management, dynamic link libraries, memory management (think windows.h)
- Formulating system-testing procedures to ensure the quality and consistency of software systems developed.
- Experience working with developers to audit game code and ensure that best security practices are followed
- Deep technical understanding of methods used to attack or exploit networked systems
- Experience researching, designing, and developing specialized software systems and applications for detection of cheating software or behaviour.
- Experience using security libraries, such as libsodium
- Knowledge of POSIX standards
We can offer
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely - work whenever you want.