Senior Tools Developer
We are looking for an experienced developer to join our Engine team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a new member of our client team you would be responsible for developing and maintaining our internal and player facing tooling, supporting artists, animators and designers with the tools they use every day. You will be continuously communicating with engineers and content developers to ensure performance, workflow and user experience expectations are met.
- Minimum of 4 years experience programming in C#, including the ability to understand and analyze scalability, memory and performance requirements.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with Java or a similar language.
- Experience developing networked applications with C#, including use of network protocols such as Netty.
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical individuals.
- Experience building and supporting tooling.
- Strong engineering skills and a demonstrated ability to build a system from the beginning all the way to completion.
- An understanding of software security and how to minimize vulnerabilities in code and through system design.
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization using profilers like YourKit, dotTrace and dotMemory.
- Basic understanding of rendering pipeline.
- Self-motivated and able to break down complex tasks.
- Passionate about games and gaming.
- Proven experience within the games industry.
- Experience with UI/UX design.
- Knowledge of industry standard tools; Blender, Maya
- Knowledge of 3D rendering and texturing
We can offer
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely.